Revival follows after recession
We are witnessing a spiritual renewal and growth all across the world. If we are keen to see a revival breaking up in our nation, let us not repeat the mistakes of the past.
Charles Finney (1792-1875) was an American Lawyer became the most effective evangelist America has ever seen. Over half a million people turned to God under his ministry in an age there was no mass communication, no Internet, no TV He spearheaded a revival in America which literally altered the course of the history of the nation.Read his comments on Revival.
On one occaasion when I was in one of the prayer meetings, I was asked if I did not desire that they should pray for me. I told them no, because I did not see that God answered their prayers. I said "I suppose I need to be prayed for, for I am conscious that I am a sinner, but I do not see that it will do any good for you to pray for me, for you are continually asking, but you do not receive. You have been praying for a revival ever since I have been in Adams, and yet you do not have it. You have been praying for the Holy Spirit to descend upon you, and yet complaining of your leanness. You have prayed enough since I have attended these meetings to have prayed the devil out of Adams if there is any virtue in your prayers. But here you are praying on and complaining still.
I was quite in earnest in what I said, and not a little irritable,I think, in consequence of my being brought so continually face to face with religious truth, which was a new state of things to me.
But on further reading of my Bible, it struck me that the reason their prayers were not answered was because they did not comply with the revealed conditions upon which God had promised to answer prayer. They did not pray in faith, in the sense of knowing that God will give the things they asked for" Charles Finney :
Following are some of the prayers received from christians
1. May the name of Jesus Christ be glorified in all our lifes. Thank you Lord for all what you are dong in my life (Ireland)
2. Oh Amen, lets us dig where the well is ready (Ireland)
3. Come Lord quickley (Ireland)
4. Enemy is being trampled by the multitudes (Ireland)
5. I am praying for revival(Canada)
6. My heart goes out to him ( Andrew 18 months suffering with cancer) & his family Please be assured that they too are being prayed for (England)
7. A greater sensitivity to Hear His Voice. Amen (Ireland)
8. I am always for prayer and shall certainly pray for youngAndrew Infact I have already started praying for him and his family ( England)
9. I am praying for Andrew (Ireland)